Please note that the information supplied for the Allotment Waiting List will only be used for maintaining the Waiting
List and no other purpose.
Eckington Parish Council enforces a few rules and regulations for its allotment sites, as follows
1. The Tenant shall keep the allotment free from weeds and shall at all times cultivate no less than two thirds of
the total area. The tenant should also maintain any pathway or avenue abutting the allotment and keep the
allotment tidy at all times.
2. The Tenant shall not cause or permit any nuisance or annoyance to the occupier of any other Allotment, and
shall not deposit any refuse on, or obstruct any pathway or avenue.
3. The Tenant shall not assign or re-let the whole or any part of the Allotment.
4. The Tenant shall not cut any trees upon the land. The boundary hedging is the responsibility of the Tenant and
must be trimmed to a reasonable level.
5. The Tenant shall not keep any animal in the allotment without the express consent of the Council.
6. The Tenant shall not use the Allotment for any Trade purpose.
7. No structure or building shall be erected on the Allotment without the consent of the Council and in any event
no building which could be used for the purpose of living or sleeping.
8. The Tenant shall not use any barbed wire on any fencing or boundary.
9. The Tenant shall perform and observe all and any regulations as may from time to time be made by the
10. The Tenant shall not attach a hosepipe to the water standpipe other than for the purpose of filling water butts
or troughs, and no spray or other watering device will be permitted (if water supplied at the allotment site).
Please click here to view/download a copy of our Allotment Strategy documentation